Post date: Apr 23, 2014 11:42:50 PM
Hi everybody! As you all probably know, it is Earth Week and I will be doing my blog on Earth week! To start, I will be talking about ways that you can contribute to this event. There are many ways you can help and here are some examples:
- Plant trees to help prevent erosion and habitat loss
- Plant flowers to attract birds and other natural life
- Make a birdhouse or maybe even more, but make sure you make it with that would have been thrown away.
- Learn more about the Earth, and the environment.
- If you have a lot of knowledge about the Earth and its environment, why don't you try to teach our younger relatives.
- Go out to the park and pick-up garbage that you find.
- If you have old books or anything else that you dont need but think someone else might need it, donate it or throw a garage sale.
- Hold and Earth day fair. Gather a few friends and have each person make a stall that has something to do with the Earth's environment. Some stalls could include an activity stall where you have a game that teaches kids about the Earth. Another stall could be a book stall where you sell your old books and raise money to get stuff that help the earth such as fertilizers, buy trees,etc.
- To support Earth week, try to wear earth colour such as green and brown.
- Turn of extra lights that you encounter.
- Last but not least, dont forget to reduce, reuse and recycle!
Thanks for reading my blog post and I hope you help change the Earth!